At the urging of a group of women in the community, the City Council of Redwood City, with voter approval, formed a health care district to build and operate Sequoia Hospital, which opened in 1950. The hospital is now governed jointly by the Sequoia Hospital District and Catholic Healthcare West. The hospital's cardiovascular services department is among the best in the nation and the hospital is also known for its Northern California Diabetes Institute and birth center.
Serving the community since 1950
Over 135,000 patient visits and admissions annually
421 licensed beds
Find out more at http://www.sequoiahospital.org/.