The surgeons, surgical nurses, and other surgery specialists at California Hospital Medical Center provide complete evaluation, diagnosis and surgical services for a wide variety of diseases and conditions. When possible, minimally invasive surgery procedures are used to minimize complications and maximize patient outcomes. Our surgeons and surgery teams improve the lives of thousands of people who choose California Hospital Medical Center for surgery.
The surgical teams at California Hospital share one goal; providing the best patient care possible. Our primary focus is the safety, satisfaction, and peace of mind of our patients and their loved ones. Good patient education is good medicine, so whether before or after a surgical procedure we will work with you to educate you about risk factors and lifestyle changes that can help prevent disease.
Surgical Services Offered
Our surgeons utilize the latest technologies and equipment, providing surgical services related to:
- Adrenal surgery
- Breast biopsies and breast cancer treatment
- Colon (mass, cancer, bowel obstruction and diverticulitis)
- Gallbladder (gallstones and gallbladder disease)
- Hernia repair
- Kidney stones
- Liver and pancreatic disease
- Lymph node biopsy
- Ovarian cysts
- Metabolic surgery
- Screening and diagnostic endoscopy (EGD, colonoscopy)
- Soft tissue and skin masses (lipomas, sebaceous cyst, sarcoma, melanoma)
- Thyroid and parathyroid
- Urinary Incontinence
Preparing for Your Surgery
A member of the pre-operative team will call you before surgery. Take this time to ask any questions or raise any concerns you may have.
- Advanced health care directive (you can also prepare one at the hospital - just ask your preoperative nurse)
- Any forms or paperwork from your doctor's office
- Be prepared to arrive two hours before your scheduled surgery
- Bring your insurance card
- Complete all necessary preoperative testing
- Do not take aspirin or aspirin products two weeks prior to surgery, unless instructed by your physician
- Do not bring valuables with you to the hospital
Family and Friends of Surgical Patients
Your family and friends who accompany you can wait in our waiting area. When your surgical procedure is completed, your family will be called to speak with the surgeon.
Patients are taken to the Recovery Unit after surgery, where only the medical team is allowed. Following recovery, patients will be transferred to their room, where visitors are welcome.
For more information, please call (213) 742-5400.
For a Physician Referral, call (888) 742-2462 or use our online feature, Find a Doctor.