Patients at the Center of Cancer Care
Our Comprehensive Cancer Clinics offer all-in-one cancer care conveniently located in both Chandler and Gilbert near Chandler Regional Medical Center and Mercy Gilbert Medical Center. Newly diagnosed cancer patients and their families and/or caregivers no longer need to manage various appointments, record keeping and communication between providers. Our Nurse Navigator provides personalized attention helping to guide each patient through their own personal journey.
Newly diagnosed or want a second opinion? Call 877.602.4111 for more information.
Our clinics utilize a multidisciplinary approach toward survivorship by providing access to oncology expertise and lifestyle management. This results in a comprehensive, individualized treatment plan, potentially leading to improved quality of life, and a reduction in unneeded stress for patients and their family and/or caregiver.
The benefits of our hands-on team approach places our patients at the center of care in a convenient location close to home so they can spend their time focused on healing and living life.
Through our partnership with Ironwood Cancer & Research Centers, an expert team of oncology specialists meet prior to each patient’s first appointment to review tumor records and medical history. This meeting is referred to as a ‘tumor board’ meeting because several kinds of specialists come together to discuss each patient’s diagnosis.
Tumor boards include:
- Specialized surgeons
- Radiation oncologists
- Medical oncologists
- Nurse practitioner
A comprehensive and well-documented plan of care is developed and communicated back to the patient’s primary care provider.
Our experienced and compassionate oncology nurse navigator quickly becomes the champion for patients, as she counsels, schedules and coordinates each office visit.
Patients can expect the following:
- Prior to a patient’s first visit, our nurse navigator contacts the patient and/or their caregiver to collect medical history, including genetic history, and answer any questions.
- At the first appointment, our navigator greets each patient helping to put them at ease. Patients then meet one-on-one with members of our oncology specialist team who will discuss treatment options and answer questions.
- Patients will also spend time with our lifestyle counselors to discuss resources available through our Survivorship Program.
- Before each patient leaves, our nurse navigator thoroughly walks through their plan of care, and actively listens for questions she can help answer. Our nurse navigator will help patients understand their next steps.
Patients can count on our nurse navigator to help guide them through their entire journey, coordinating physician appointments and communication between providers and counselors within our clinic.
Treating the Whole Patient
Helping patients with their overall quality of life is part of our multidisciplinary approach. Again, keeping patients at the center of care, we provide and encourage access to several lifestyle counselors and/or therapists. These may include:
- Certified Social Worker
- Financial Counseling
- Genetic Counselor
- Nutritional Counselor
- Physical and Occupational Therapists
Two East Valley Locations
Our two comprehensive cancer clinics are conveniently located in the East Valley; one on the campus of Chandler Regional Medical Center and the other on the campus of Mercy Gilbert Medical Center.
Newly diagnosed or want a second opinion? Call 877.602.4111 for more