Our volunteers, numbering approximately 130 strong, give generously of themselves, each one contributing toward the smooth operation of many hospital services.
Volunteers benefit from:
- Education on how to be a great goodwill ambassador.
- Satisfaction in knowing that you make a difference to patients and staff.
- Expanding your life experiences and skills.
- Rewarding change of pace from you regular routines.
- Meet other volunteers and staff who may become good friends and associates.
What are the qualifications to be a volunteer?
- Dependable, interested in helping others, and have a positive attitude.
- Be in good health to perform assigned tasks. A tuberculosis test and health screening are required. In addition, standard hospital pre-qualification procedures require volunteers complete a drug screening and background check.
- Must be able to work at least four hours per week.
- Junior Volunteers (Volunteens) must be at least 16 years old and able to work at least 2 hours per week.
Where can you volunteer?
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Front desk reception
- Gift Shop
- Hearst Cancer Resource Center
- Hospital floor
- Office work
- Surgery waiting room
- Various hospital departments
To apply as a hospital volunteer:
You may pick up a Volunteer Application at the Volunteer Front Desk located in the Front Lobby, or you may download the application here.
After completion, please return the application to the Volunteer Front Desk located in the Front Lobby or you may also email completed applications here.
For More Information
For more information on volunteer opportunities call 805.542.6240.