State-Of-The-Art Research And Education
Our three-story, 18,000 square foot Copeland Health Education Pavilion includes classrooms, conference rooms, boardrooms, and learning facilities. Built for the Greater San Luis Obispo County community, free of charge:
- Urology Associates Classroom
- Peter & Mary Russo Sr. Clinical Education Office
- Peter & Mary Russo Sr. Patient Care Coordination Office
- Sheila & Leopold Selker Research Lab
- Institute for Health Education and Research
- James R. Flanagan Simulation Learning Center
- Rex & Alina Duhn Family Simulation Suite
- Sammy & Michael Pineau Simulation Suite
- FHMC Community & Foundation Boards Simulation Control Room
- Pacific Gas & Electric CPR Training Room
- Compass Health Computer Classroom
- Alan & Cathleen Iftiniuk Idea Incubator Lab
- J.W. Design & Construction Facilities Planning Conference Room
- Beth & Larry Peterson Volunteer Services Office
- French Hospital Employee Caring Circle Courtyard
- Steed Family Executive Board Room
- Auditorium | 175 sitting, 298 standing capacity
Every aspect of the pavilion is outfitted with state-of-the-art technology and features to advance health care education for our community and staff.
Making It Possible
The generous commitment from two local couples made this multimillion dollar project possible. Jim and Sandy Copeland, and Tom and Pam Copeland, long time San Luis Obispo residents, recognized business leaders, philanthropists and devoted supporters of French Hospital Medical Center, donated the entire building to the advancement of health care for Central Coast residents. Donations are still being sought to support the advanced technology and modern interiors in the Pavilion.
To learn more about the Copeland Health Education Pavilion, or to donate, please visit the French Hospital Medical Center Foundation or call 805.542.6496.