Learn More About the Hearst Cancer Resource Center
A Cancer Diagnosis
Approximately 40 percent of all individuals will be diagnosed with cancer during their lifetime. That’s a startling statistic, and one that our doctors and staff are constantly working to change. One way we’re doing that is through the Hearst Cancer Resource Center. Inside, you’ll find a one-of-a-kind resource. We’ll help you learn about the disease, show you how to recognize ways to improve your health, offer ways to help build a personal support system, and offer a sense of extended family.
Our team of experts is dedicated to helping anyone who has been newly diagnosed, as well as those in treatment, in recovery and who are living beyond cancer.
The Hearst Cancer Resource Center is made possible by a generous gift from the Hearst Family as well as community members. It means that these services are offered free of charge.
Free services include:
- Nurse navigator to guide, advocate and support patients through their journey
- Social services and support programs offer one-on-one, family, and financial counseling
- Nutritional counseling to achieve health and well-being goals
- Treatment techniques to aid in holistic well-being and relaxation
- Appearance center with resources for cancer patients to look and feel their best
- Spiritual and therapeutic social activities to strengthen community bases
The Hearst Cancer Resource Center is located at:
1941 Johnson Ave, Suite 201A
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
Learn More About Our Hearst Cancer Resource Center
To learn more about our services and how we can help, please call us at 805.542.6234 or use our online feature, Find a Doctor.