Osteoporosis is a degenerative bone disease resulting from the gradual depletion of the calcium content of the skeleton. This causes a decrease in bone production and/or an increased rate of bone loss. Many factors influence osteoporosis in women and men, including menopause, calcium intake, level of physical activity and use of alcohol or tobacco.
Osteoporosis is not an inevitable consequence of aging. Early detection and increased treatment options make osteoporosis manageable.
We offer diagnostic bone mineral density testing.
We Also Offer:
- Clinical resources for those who have been diagnosed with osteoporosis-related fractures
- Access and fast referral to ancillary services such as nutrition, physical therapy, laboratory, imaging and infusion services.
- Close relationships with our physical therapist(s) to guide patients’ rehabilitative activities.
- A clinical specialist with expertise in prevention, evaluation and treatment who manage the Post-Fracture Osteoporosis Management Program.
Osteoporosis Resource Center Also Provides A Host Of Free Services And Resources:
The Center is located at:
- Osteoporosis Library
- Group support meetings
- Community Lecture Series
- Medical Professional Lecture Series
- Heel ultrasound screenings
1941 Johnson Avenue, Suite 104
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
Learn More About Our Osteoporosis Center
To learn more about our services and how we can help, please call us at or use our online feature, Find a Doctor.