Emergency Care at St. Rose Dominican
We designed our emergency rooms (ERs) to handle a wide range of emergencies or traumas. Setting broken bones, performing emergency heart procedures, finding the underlying cause of that stomachache or rash—the St. Rose Dominican team provides the care you need with skill and compassion. If you require translation services, we will coordinate them for you when you arrive.
Our services include:
- Rapid diagnosis. We use sophisticated diagnostic technology to obtain a fast, accurate diagnosis, in order to expedite your care.
- On-site testing. We complete all of your testing, including laboratory and imaging tests, right at the hospital, so we can get the answers we need and plan your treatment.
- Expert emergency medicine team. The staffs at the St. Rose Dominican Emergency Rooms are among the most expertly trained emergency room teams in Nevada. Our emergency room doctors are board certified through the American Board of Emergency Medicine or American Osteopathic Board of Emergency Medicine. In addition, our emergency room nurses are certified by the Emergency Nurses Association (ENA). The entire team undergoes continuous, rigorous training to ensure that we provide the highest level of emergency care possible. Find a St. Rose doctor.
Pediatric ER at the Siena Campus
The St. Rose Dominican, Siena Campus, has one of the only pediatric emergency rooms in southern Nevada. Our pediatric ER caters specifically to children, and we understand that kids are not simply "mini adults." Their medical and emotional needs are unique, requiring specialized care and a warm touch.
Features of our pediatric emergency room include:
- 24/7, 365 care. No matter what time of day or night you need our services, our staff is here for you, including pediatric emergency medicine doctors.
- Specialized pediatric emergency nurses. Our nurses undergo intensive training and many have received certification from the Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course (ENPC), part of the ENA.
- Child-friendly setting. Our pediatric ER is separate from the main ER, filled with DVDs and toys, to make your child's experience as reassuring and comfortable as possible.
- Level III Trauma Center. We provide prompt, efficient care for a wide range of pediatric emergencies, including surgery and intensive care.
- Collaborative care with your family pediatrician. Once you leave the hospital, we coordinate with your pediatrician to ensure that your child receives the necessary follow-up care.
You can find comfort knowing that your child is in the hands of trained experts who are dedicated to caring specifically for children in an emergency setting. It is always our hope that you and your child will not have to visit an emergency room. However, should you need us, St. Rose Dominican is here to serve and care for you in the way only we know how: with compassion and clinical excellence.
Emergency Services: When Should You Go to the ER?
At St. Rose Dominican, we are skilled in treating emergencies for adults and children. Head to an emergency room if you feel that you require immediate medical attention, including symptoms such as:
- Difficulty breathing
- Change in mental status, such as unusual behavior, confusion or difficulty walking or talking
- Chest or upper abdominal pain or pressure
- Sudden dizziness, weakness or change in vision
- Sudden, severe pain anywhere in your body
- Severe or persistent vomiting
- Coughing or vomiting blood
- Severe bleeding
- Broken bones
- Trauma or injury to the head
If you need emergency care but you are not experiencing a life-threatening condition, make your wait more comfortable by selecting a projected treatment time online with InQuicker™. Find a treatment time that is convenient for you and simply wait at home until that time. Learn more about InQuicker.
Find a St. Rose doctor. For information or to make an appointment, call us at (702) 616-4900.