Heart Health: Advanced Care at St. Rose Dominican
Our team of heart specialists treats you, not your condition. At St. Rose Dominican, we listen to you, explain your treatment options and answer your questions. Our team practices personalized medicine, tailoring your care to suit your needs. Throughout your health care experience, your heart team will be with you, offering our expertise, support and guidance. In addition, our partnership with Stanford Hospital & Clinics combines the academic excellence of Stanford with the high level of care you have come to expect from St. Rose Dominican. Find a St. Rose cardiologist.
Features of our cardiac program include:
- Advanced treatments. We are at the forefront of new cardiac techniques and technology, such as:
- LARIAT™ Suture Delivery Device. This procedure is an alternative to open heart surgery for patients with atrial fibrillation who are unable to take blood-thinning medications. St. Rose Dominican is the only hospital in southern Nevada performing this minimally invasive procedure, and we perform it at our Siena Campus and San Martin Campus.
- TAVR procedure (Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement). Patients with severe aortic stenosis can benefit from the TAVR procedure, a less invasive valve replacement procedure. St. Rose Dominican, Siena Campus, was one of the first hospitals in southern Nevada to do the TAVR procedure. Now, we perform more TAVR procedures than any other hospital in southern Nevada.
- MICS CABG (Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery and Coronary Artery Bypass Graft). Our cardiac surgeons were the first in Nevada to offer this surgery, which uses a small incision between the ribs rather than cutting through the breastbone. We use MICS CABG to treat patients with coronary artery disease, in order to improve the blood flow to the heart.
- AngioVac™ Cannula and Circuit. This innovative, minimally invasive technique removes large or high-risk blood clots without the need for open heart surgery.
- Accreditation. The Society of Chest Pain Centers awarded us Chest Pain Center Accreditation, recognizing our high level of expertise in treating patients who are having heart attacks.
- Sophisticated facilities. St. Rose Dominican's Siena Campus, is home to one of only two hybrid operating rooms in southern Nevada. This suite combines a cardiac catheterization lab with a fully equipped operating room, which means that if we are performing a cardiac catheterization and the need for surgery arises, we can perform it without delay or the need to transfer you. In addition, we are in the midst of an exciting facility-wide renovation that will offer expanded services and more convenience, including a separate entrance into our cardiac center.
- Personalized care. We know that heart care is not one-size-fits-all. We take the time to get to know you, listen to you and work with you to create the treatment plan that meets your needs.
Learn more about the comprehensive heart services we provide at our hospitals.
Heart Conditions We Treat
The St. Rose Dominican heart team consists of many different cardiology specialists who work together to manage your care. Our sophisticated imaging equipment allows us to make an accurate diagnosis, which we use to create an effective treatment plan for you. We treat a wide range of heart conditions in both children and adults. Learn more about heart conditions.
Stay Heart Healthy
Live a heart healthy lifestyle to help prevent heart problems, and get regular heart screenings to help diagnose heart conditions in their early stages. Learn how to stay heart healthy with St. Rose Dominican’s expert heart team.
St. Rose|Stanford Clinic, Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery Program
Learn more about the St. Rose|Stanford Clinic, our collaboration with Stanford Hospital and Clinics. We are working together to advance the field of heart medicine and provide you with even more effective care.
Find a St. Rose cardiologist or cardiac surgeon or call us at .