Siena's new tower was topped off July 18, 2014.
Why are we doing this?
First, the expansion includes MUCH more than just a new parking garage and patient tower. Basically, the entire hospital will be renovated and expanded so we can accommodate more patients!
In addition to adding a great, new parking garage and nearly 100 new patient rooms, we're expanding the admitting area (it will be more private), dining room, OR area, outpatient surgery area, emergency room, pharmacy, lab, loading dock, environmental services, sterile processing, etc.
Just the Facts
- The nearly 500-space parking garage is OPEN!
- The Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit expansion is complete. (Siena now has 26 NICU beds)
- Five-story, nearly 220,000 square foot tower
- Tower will cost approximately $160 million
- Nearly 100 private rooms will be added (bringing the total to 326)
- 32 emergency room and observation bays will be added (bringing the total to 56)
- ER treatment and Rapid Medical Assessment spaces will be expanded to over 70 rooms
- Six new operating suites will be added (bringing the total to 16)
- Separate entrances for Cardiology and Cardiovascular services will be created
- Highly utilized outpatient support service areas will be expanded, including admitting, nutrition services, radiology, lab, pharmacy and endoscopy suites.
How can you help?
Dignity Health - St. Rose Dominican is the only not-for-profit, religiously sponsored hospital system in southern Nevada. Sound financial management over the years has enabled our hospital to fund the majority of the $160 million project through hospital resources. However, those sources of funding cannot cover all of the costs for the project, including construction, investment in technology and equipment, and expanded programs and services. Investment through charitable contributions by donors is essential to cover the gap.
To learn more, please visit www.supportstrose.org or call (702) 616-5750.