Asthma is a chronic inflammatory disease characterized by cough, shortness of breath and wheezing. The disease affects 300 million people worldwide and results in billions of dollars of lost revenue yearly due to sick days for personal asthma care or the care of children with asthma.
The doctors at Mercy Medical Group’s Asthma Care Center are working to change that. With new guidelines and specialized services for asthma treatment, our patients can expect:
- No or few asthma symptoms even at night or after exercise
- Prevention of all or most asthma attacks
- Participation in all activities, including exercise and outdoor sports
- No emergency visits or hospital stays
- Less need for quick-relief medications such as Albuterol
- No or few side effects from asthma medications
Qualified experts help you gain control
If you are suffering from asthma symptoms, one of our highly educated and qualified team members will meet with you for an evaluation. Upon evaluation of your symptoms and lung function, a referral to an allergist (for asthma due to allergies) or a pulmonologist (for asthma related to lung function) may be provided if necessary to further determine the best course of action to control your asthma. Asthma Care will also provide:
- Education about asthma
- Assistance with prescriptions and equipment
- Nutrition advice
- Personalized asthma action treatment plans
- Prescription refills for inhaler and nebulizer medications
- Self-management skills training
- The opportunity to improve your quality of life
Visit our convenient online directory for information about our Allergy and Immunology and Pulmonology physicians.
When you need to see a specialist
Learn more with this Asthma Care Specialist Referral Checklist.
Asthma and allergies are often related. Check today’s pollen count to see if that is triggering your asthma symptoms.
Take this self-test to determine whether your asthma is in control.
American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology
Learn more about asthma symptoms, treatment and related allergies.