The cardiologists and cardiac surgeons at Mercy Medical Group perform more cardiac procedures annually than anyone else in California. The Mercy heart and vascular team is one of the largest, most experienced and most renowned in the nation.
From diagnosis to treatment to prevention, the Mercy team offers you a full range of heart and vascular services, including the latest in minimally invasive robotic surgery and cutting edge valve repair. With a variety of locations, you can find a Fellowship-trained Mercy cardiologist near you.
Mercy Medical Group’s heart and vascular team offers a full spectrum of diagnostic and interventional procedures, including:
Diagnostic and Interventional Cardiac Care
Mercy Medical Group’s Fellowship-trained cardiologists provide exceptional diagnostic and interventional care. Mercy’s physicians can often prevent the need for invasive surgery through a successful interventional procedure.
Among the diagnostic and interventional cardiac procedures offered by Mercy’s cardiologists:
- Cardiac catheterization (diagnostic and interventional)
- Echocardiograms and cardiac stress testing
- Peripheral artery disease diagnosis and intervention
- Radial artery access cardiac catheterization
Visit our Interventional Page to learn more about Mercy’s interventional cardiac care.
Mercy Medical Group’s cardiac team includes specially-trained electrophysiologists who can diagnose and treat rhythm problems within the heart. Among the services offered by Mercy’s electrophysiologists:
- Pacemaker and defibrillator implants
- Electrophysiology and arrhythmia care
Visit our Electrophysiology Care Page to learn more about Mercy’s electrophysiology care.
Cardiac Surgery Services
Mercy Medical Group includes the top-rated cardiac surgery team in California and our outcomes are among the most successful in the nation. Mercy is a leader in all aspects of advanced cardiac surgery, including:
- Minimally invasive cardiac surgery such as mitral valve repair using the daVinci® robotic-assisted surgical system
- Advanced surgical techniques like complex repairs of the aorta, including the first aortic valve replacement that can be implanted without using open-heart surgery
- Procedures using advanced techniques such as robotic-assisted catheter ablation
- Access to the most advanced facilities and equipment, including hybrid cardiac catheterization/surgery suites
Visit our Surgery Page to learn more about Mercy’s cardiac surgery services.
Vascular Surgery Services
Mercy Medical Group offers patients enhanced vascular services, including both catheter-based (endovascular) treatments and vascular surgery procedures, including:
- Repair of blocked arteries using outpatient procedures
- Treatment for Peripheral Vascular Disease (PVD)
- Surgical repair of arterial blockages in the extremities and carotid artery
Visit our Vascular Surgery Services Page to learn more about Mercy’s vascular services.
Meet the Mercy Medical Group Cardiology Team, Cardiac Surgery Team and Vascular and Endovascular Team.
Cardiac Screenings and Classes
Mercy offers patients a variety of classes and screenings aimed at helping you achieve and maintain heart health.
Heart & Vascular Institute
Dignity Health Heart and Vascular Institute of Greater Sacramento has one of the largest, most experienced cardiac teams in the nation.