The Women’s Imaging Center at Mercy Hospital Southwest offers digital mammography services with Computer Aided Detection technology, breast ultrasound, and stereotactic breast biopsy. Our team is made up of board-certified radiologists and registered imaging technologists. They work together to produce quality images and evaluations for our patients and their doctors.
The Women’s Imaging Center at Mercy Hospital Southwest Offers:
- Digital mammography with Computer Aided Detection (CAD) technology
- Breast ultrasound-- used in conjunction with mammography for women with dense breast tissue
- Stereotactic breast biopsy--minimally invasive needle biopsies available on site
- Bella Blanket—breast cushion for a more comfortable mammogram
- Board certified radiologists
- Registered imaging technologists
- Online appointment scheduling--schedule your mammogram with our online scheduling tool
Digital mammography allows the radiologist, the doctor that examines a mammogram for signs of abnormalities, to review electronic images of the breast on specialized high resolution monitors. The doctor can make adjustments to the image in order to closely examine areas of interest in order to identify the subtle signs of early breast cancer or other issues. In addition to the radiologist’s review, Computer Aided Detection (CAD) is used. CAD is specialized software that acts as a second set of eyes, looking for areas that may indicate breast cancer and marking them so the doctor can determine if further examination is necessary.
Scheduling is easy
Scheduling your annual mammogram is now more convenient than ever with InQuicker.
Here is how it works:
- When you click "Schedule Appointment" below and you will be taken to our online mammography scheduling tool.
- Select a time and date that works for you. If you want to schedule next week or next month, just click the “view full schedule” button and select a time that works for you.
- After you select your time and date, you will be asked to fill out a short form to help us schedule your appointment in our system.
- Then you're all set! You will receive an email to confirm your appointment details.
Highest Standards of Care
The Women’s Imaging Center is accredited by The Joint Commission, the American College of Radiology, and the American College of Surgeons. Accreditations like these are achieved by programs that demonstrate that the highest quality and care standards are maintained.
Learn more about the signs and symptoms of breast cancer.
Call 661.663.6429 to schedule an appointment or use InQuicker, our online scheduling tool.