Spring 2017 Program
The application period for the Spring 2017 Program ended on January 31, 2017.
Summer 2017 Program Information
We will have a Summer Program and will begin taking applications on Friday, February 24th through Friday, March 31st until midnight. Employment for those offered positions will start on Monday, July 10, 2017. We plan on hiring 20-25 new grads into Medical Acute, Surgical Acute, Orthopedics Acute, Oncology and Telemetry.
This program is for the newly graduated RN and has been in existence, at Mercy Medical Center Redding – Dignity Health, since 2011. The program is 12-16 weeks long with progressively independent functioning in the clinical area as a key component.
Program length is 12-16 weeks of full-time work, with the first 8 weeks spent working 5 days a week, 8 hr days. Weeks 9-12 or 16, depending on unit placement, will be 12 hr shifts. After program completion, the nurse will move into their 12 hr shift, full-time position in the appropriate unit. Please review the following conditions of program participation
- Paid Time Off (PTO) will NOT be granted during this time
- No floating to other nursing units during this time unless assigned or approved by the Education Department
Rock Solid participants will have the opportunity to be assigned to a variety of departments and disciplines within the hospital environment, and will learn about other departments that directly or indirectly contribute to patient care. These assignments occur primarily during the first 8 weeks.
Classroom education will occur throughout the program, each week on Fridays from 11:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Specific competency programs will be utilized to provide the Rock Solid participants with:
- Working knowledge of resources available
- Familiarity with key policies and procedures
- Reassurance that selected nursing interventions are being safely and effectively performed
The Rock Solid participants will work with a preceptor in the clinical area 100% of the time, for the first 12-16 weeks, depending on the unit placement.
During the last 3-4 weeks of the program, the Rock Solid participant will be expected to carry a full patient load. The participant will continue to gain expertise in providing patient care with the continued guidance from a preceptor as needed.
Supporting Patients Together
Mercy Medical Center Redding – Dignity Health is a 266-licensed bed, progressive Level II Trauma Center, located in Redding, California.
Program start date: Monday, July 10, 2017
After the initial program has been completed, successful candidates will be placed in full-time, benefitted positions in one of the departments listed below:
- Medical Acute
- Surgical Acute
- Medical/Cardiac Telemetry
How will you be assigned to your specialty department? Based on several criteria, including the background of the individual RN, and needs, and assessment of our Nursing Managers and Directors, you will be assigned to your home department AFTER your first few weeks of orientation.
Application must be completed through the designated job posting. The title of the posting is “New Grad RN – Clinical Nurse Residency Program – Rock Solid – Summer Program”.
Must be a graduate of an accredited nursing program (A.D.N. or a B.S.N.) with a 3.0 G.P.A. or higher who graduated either in December 2016/January 2017 or will graduate in Spring 2017. Candidates with a B.S.N. are highly preferred.
Must have a current California RN license and BLS-HCP certification prior to the program start date
Must submit ALL additional documentation (attach to your candidate profile)
- Completed application
- A paragraph that states why you decided to pursue a career in nursing and why you are interested in a career with our facility. Please limit this to 1-2 paragraphs on a single page, uploaded with your application.
- 2 references, in letter form, which can be written by a current or former co-worker, manager/boss, someone you volunteered for or with, a clinical instructor, a preceptor from one of your clinical rotations, or one of your instructors. These letters must be submitted with your application, by you. They do NOT need to be on the school letterhead.
- Resume must include number of clinical hours and location/placement for rotations.
Applications without all of the required documentation will not be considered. A copy of your transcripts will NOT be required during the application process. We do NOT NEED A CERTIFIED COPY of transcripts.
All of the required documentation should be scanned and uploaded as a word or PDF file and uploaded to your application profile online. If you encounter any problems with the upload, you can fax it to 530-242-5289 with a cover letter. Applicants must complete an online application, regardless of how you have submitted your additional documentation. All documents must be received before March 31st.
Questions can be emailed to Kathy.Sterner@dignityhealth.org.