When Stroke Happens, Act Fast
Stroke can happen to anyone at any time, though your chances increase after the age of 50. The Mercy Stroke Center – available 24 hours a day, seven days a week – provide s the best treatment options for people experiencing ischemic stroke, hemorrhagic stroke, even a heat stroke.
Our team includes:
- Board-Certified Doctors
- Board-Certified Neurocritical Care Intensivists
- Clinical Case Managers
- Critical Care Doctors
- Emergency Medicine Physicians
- Neuroscience Nurses and National Institute of Health Stroke Screening
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapists
- Registered Dietitians
- Specially Trained Emergency Nurses
- Stroke Coordinators – Registered Nurses certified by the American Board of Speech and Swallow Therapists
Mercy Stroke Center Achievements
- Recognized by the Joint Commission as a Primary Stroke Center
- Stroke Gold recognizes performance of 24 consecutive months or more
- Gold Plus Quality Awards are advanced levels of recognition acknowledging hospitals for compliance with Quality Measure
The Stroke Honor Roll-Elite Plus: Time to thrombolytic therapy within 60 minutes in 75 percent or more of acute ischemic stroke patients treated with IV TPA and door-to-needle time within 45 minutes in 50 percent of acute ischemic stroke patients treated with IV TPA (current criteria and same volume thresholds).
These are the highest Achievement and Quality Awards for excellence in Stroke Care by the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association.
Learn More About The Stroke Center At Mercy Medical Center Redding
For more information about stroke care, please call 530.225.7365. For a physician referral, call 888.628.1948 or use our search tool to Find a Doctor.