Benefits Of Being A Volunteer
Volunteers at Mercy Medical Center Redding continually report that they feel a sense of satisfaction and self-worth when they give their time. In addition to knowing you are helping others, volunteers benefit from the camaraderie and lifelong friendships they develop in the program. Volunteers receive a complimentary meal for each shift served. They can also receive a free annual flu vaccine when available.
Volunteers Make A Difference In Many Areas
- Center for Joint and Spine Health
- Clerical Services
- Courtesy Coffee Cart
- Courtesy/Transportation Shuttles
- Cuddle A Reader Program
- Emergency Department
- Escort Service
- Gift Shop
- Information Desk
- No One Dies Alone Program
- Outpatient Oncology Services
- Snuggler Program
- Student Volunteer and Adult Advisors
- Surgery and Recovery Desk
Each year our volunteers raise approximately $50,000 for our patient care units. Supporting Mercy Redding financially is a big part of being a successful volunteer.
Requirements Of Volunteers
- Embody and demonstrate the values of Mercy through dignity, collaboration, justice, stewardship and excellence
- Enjoy working with people
- A commitment to the Mercy Guild
- Commit to a minimum of 100 hours annually (Typically one 4 hour shift a week)
- Pass an annual tuberculosis test
- Pass a background check
- Obtain an annual flu vaccination
Meet One of Our Volunteers
Rosie has been a volunteer for 50 years...Read her story.
How To Apply
Please complete the on-line application or stop by the Hospital Main Lobby Information Desk Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. to pick up an application. For additional questions, please call 530.225.6468 or e-mail Gary.Cassingham@dignityhealth.org.
Learn More About Volunteer Opportunities
If you are interested in sharing your time and talent with us, please call us at 530.225.6468 or email Gary.Cassingham@dignityhealth.org. Your message will be answered in a few days.
Volunteers interested in supporting Mercy Hospice, please call 530.245.4073.
Volunteers interested in helping our seniors can look into working with our Golden Umbrella or Shasta Senior Nutrition programs. Please visit Senior Services.