Awards and Accolades
Our Volunteen program has garnered national recognition by several organizations, including the following:
- Winner of the 14th Annual Arizona Governor’s Awards.
- Invited to present at The White House Office of Public Engagement in Washington, D.C.
- Program curriculum published, copy written, and sold to other hospital systems throughout the United States.
2017 Summer Volunteen Program
The Dignity Health 2017 Summer Volunteen Application Process is closed. Information for the 2018 Dignity Health Summer Volunteen Program will be posted in February, 2018.
Application Dates and Deadlines
- February 22 - One-Hour Parent Information Session from 5-6 pm at Campo Verde High School. Session starts promptly at 5 pm, early bird applications available for those who attend entire meeting - Campo Verde High School, 3870 South Quartz Street, Gilbert AZ.
- March 1 - Applications available online
- March 15 - Application cutoff date
- March 20 - Students notified to interview
- April 1 - Interviews held
- April 7 - Notification of acceptance/regrets
- May 6 - Mandatory Orientation
- May 30 - 2017 Summer Volunteen Program begins
- Must be 14 years of age prior to June 1st
- Must be available to serve one 4-hour shift per week over the summer
- Must attend a minimum of 3 education sessions
- Must demonstrate a desire to assist patients and families, be responsible, interested in learning, and work well with a team.
- Minimum 3.5 GPA is required
Contact Volunteer Services
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Dignity Health’s Mercy Gilbert Medical Center. For more information regarding volunteer opportunities, please call the Volunteer Services Department at 480.728.7187.