What To Bring
Please bring only the minimum essentials necessary.
- A list of all medications you are presently taking (including over-the-counter) along with prescribed dosage information.
- Your insurance card and/or insurance billing information.
- Your Advance Directive; if you do not have an Advance Directive, you can complete this Advance Directive form and bring it with you or request one upon admission.
- If you are anticipating an overnight stay, you may bring personal toiletry items and containers for storing health aids (eye glasses, contact lenses, hearing devices, etc.)
- Limit extra clothing to a comfortable dressing gown or pajamas, a robe and slippers.
- Personal articles may be stored in the drawer of your bedside table.
What Not To Bring
- Please do not bring actual medications to the hospital unless instructed to do so by your doctor. All medications required to treat your illness will be carefully dispensed by the hospital pharmacists and administered by nurses. With permission from your doctor, however, you may bring items such as nitroglycerin, eye drops and antacids.
- Due to fire and safety regulations, our hospitals prohibit patients and their visitors from bringing any electrical appliances into the hospital including electrically powered radios, televisions, razors, and hair dryers.
- You are advised against bringing a large amount of money or other valuables to the hospital. Dignity Health – Mercy Medical Center can not assume responsibility for the loss of any items while at the hospital.
- Cigarettes and tobacco are not allowed anywhere on the hospital campus.
Click here to review your Patient Rights and Responsibilities.