Traumatic injuries are the leading cause of death and disability in children, making immediate, life-saving medical care crucial. Northridge Hospital Medical Center’s Pediatric Trauma Center is the only facility in the San Fernando Valley that provides immediate care to infants and children with life-threatening traumatic injuries.
Our elite team of subspecialty pediatric physician experts respond immediately to treat children within the Platinum 30 Minutes— the most critical time for medical treatment.
When Seconds Count
- Care at a trauma center lowers the risk of death by 25 percent compared to non-trauma centers.
- Children cared for at a pediatric trauma center have a lower mortality rate and shorter lengths-of-stay compared to children cared for at adult trauma centers.
- The Pediatric Trauma Center has coverage by more than 20 subspecialty physicians 24-hours-a-day.
- We have technologically-advanced equipment to effectively resuscitate young patients regardless of age or body size.
Injuries Cared for by the Pediatric Trauma Team
- Abdominal and chest injuries
- Injuries to extremities
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
Best in Pediatrics!
It’s no wonder the Daily News Readers have voted Northridge Hospital as "Best in Pediatrics" four years in a row!
- Our 14-bed Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) is for children up to age 18 who have become critically ill or injured. Pediatric critical care specialists and support staff utilize a family-centered team approach that leads to better physical and emotional outcomes.
- The new child-friendly Pediatrics Unit features bright rooms with parent accommodations, pediatric staff that excel at communicating with children, child-sized equipment, and even a playroom.