Find The New You
Watch what Danny did after surgical weight loss:
What Will You Do After Surgical Weight Loss?
If you’ve felt trapped by your body, it might be time to make a change. Our team of experts at the St. John’s Weight Loss Surgery Institute will support you through every step of the process. Our comprehensive bariatric program is designated a center of excellence and rated Top Ten Percent in the Nation..
Begin Your Weight Loss Journey Today
Our center is the largest and most established weight loss surgery program in Ventura County and has been accredited by the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program and is recognized as a Center of Excellence by major insurance carriers.
Take a step to improved health today and register to attend a free educational seminar with a weight loss surgeon. Watch the video below for a preview.
Is weight loss surgery covered by my insurance?
Many health insurances cover weight loss surgery but each plan is different and may have different guidelines. To see if you are covered and qualify for surgery, please call our insurance coordinator at 805.981.7305 with your plan information.
Weight Loss Surgery Procedures
All of our weight loss surgeries are performed using minimally invasive techniques, which generally result in smaller incisions, shorter hospital stays, fewer complications, and faster recovery times.
Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass
- During a Roux-en-Y gastric bypass procedure, your surgeon bypasses a portion of your intestine and reduces your stomach to a small pouch, roughly the size of an egg.
- This gastric bypass procedure reduces the amount of food you can consume, resulting in weight loss.
- During a Sleeve Gastrectomy, your surgeon creates a small, sleeve-shaped stomach (about the size of a banana) by removing most of your stomach.
- This procedure is restrictive in that it reduces the amount of food that your stomach can hold.
- This procedure is not reversible.
- During Gastric Banding, a silicone band is placed around the upper portion of your stomach to decrease the amount of food your stomach can physically hold.
- The band is connected by plastic tubing to an access port under the skin. Adjustments can be made to customize band size by injecting saline making the band tighter or looser to fit your needs.
- There is no cutting or stapling of the stomach and the procedure is completely reversible if necessary.
In addition to these primary procedures, St. John’s offers multiple revision procedures for patients who have previously undergone bariatric surgery.
Am I A Candidate For Weight Loss Surgery?
You may be a candidate for bariatric surgery if you’re severely obese, other weight loss treatments haven’t worked for you, and your Body Mass Index (BMI) is greater than 35 with other health problems or your BMI is greater than 40 without co-morbidities.
Calculate your BMI today!