Pulmonary Rehabilitation is a preventative health program designed for individuals who live with persistent breathing problems. The goal is to provide information and skills training to help you breathe easier every day.
The multidisciplinary team includes a pulmonologist, nutritionist, and respiratory therapists. Additionally, physical therapists and occupational therapists are available as needed. Together they develop a plan that addresses each individual's needs.
Would you like to learn how to:
- Take control of your breathing?
- Conserve and best use your energy?
- Relax and reduce stress?
- Use your medications properly?
- Prevent and treat respiratory infections?
- Use nutrition and exercise to improve your health and decrease your symptoms?
The Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program services include:
- Patient evaluation and individualized care plan
- Education and skills training
- Supervised exercise
- Breathing training
- Home exercise program development
- Emotional and social support
Program benefits include:
- Improved symptom control, including a reduction in shortness of breath, fatigue and anxiety
- Improved exercise tolerance and ability to perform activities of daily living
- Improved understanding of pulmonary disease and treatment options
- Improved quality of life
Enrollment in the Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program requires a physician referral. If you do not have a physician referral, please let us help you. Medicare and many insurance providers reimburse for these services. We provide interpreters for Mandarin, Cantonese, Spanish, Russian, Tagalog, French, and sign language.
Learn More About Our Pulmonary Function & Rehabilitation Services
To learn more about Pulmonary Rehabilitation services at Saint Francis, please call 415.353.6960, for more information about Pulmonary Function, please call 415.353.6250.