Sequoia’s Heart and Vascular Institute is a nationally known pioneer in advanced cardiac care, affiliated with the Cleveland Clinic Heart and Vascular Institute. Sequoia has received national recognition as one of America’s top 100 hospitals for cardiac care, as well as for superior patient safety from Healthgrades. Our Birth Center is consistently ranked as a favorite among Peninsula families, and we’re also known for our Center for Total Joint Replacement and comprehensive emergency care. Our new state-of-the-art Pavilion combines the most advanced medical and surgical services with a unique healing environment, including private, spacious rooms and inviting garden areas. High technology meets Hello humankindness at Sequoia Hospital.
With the addition of our new Pavilion, Sequoia Hospital is one of the most advanced health care facilities in the Bay Area. We offer state-of-the-art inpatient and outpatient care and comprehensive physician services to our community. The main hospital, including the Emergency Department, is being remodeled, modernized, and brought up to all state mandated seismic requirements of California SB 1953.
- Four-story Pavilion with 104 new beds; total campus bed count is 208
- Complete medical and surgical services with state-of-the-art technology
- Three floors of larger, home-like private patient rooms
- Advanced medical technology including Hybrid Cardiac Catheterization (Cath) Lab and Hybrid Operating Room (OR)
- Landscaping with terraced front gardens, water wall, and patient healing garden
- New consult rooms – better integration of care and communication between physicians, families, and patients including ability to review medical records on bedside and wireless mobile devices
- Green features – campus designed to accommodate energy saving systems, water management design, and future medical advances
- IT advances – medical Vocera hands-free communications system
Learn more about our history and quality and awards.