Best Birth Center On The Peninsula
Sequoia was voted a Family Favorite 2015 “Best Birth Center” by readers of Bay Area Parent magazine, six years in a row.
- 24-hour anesthesia and OB doctor coverage
- An onsite Level II neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) within our Birth Center. If your baby is premature or requires intensive care, your newborn will be cared for on site in the NICU by doctors and nurses from Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford who specialize in neonatology care.
- Breastfeeding support during the hospital stay and through crucial early weeks in the life of a new baby. Consultants are registered nurses who are International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) certified.
- Vaccinations against whooping cough. We advise all baby caregivers, including grandparents, aunts, uncles, partners and nannies, be vaccinated against whooping cough.
- Obaby Designs offers newborn hospital photo sessions right in your room.
- Register for prenatal and postnatal classes, and orientation classes, at Classes and Events or call 650.368.2229.
- Schedule varies. Please sign up by your 7th month of pregnancy.
- We also encourage expectant parents to review the Frequently Asked Questions.
Find A Doctor & Pre-Register
- To find a doctor who specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology, call 650.482.6000 or visit our Find a Doctor.
- To save time and be better prepared, you can pre-register anytime during your pregnancy. Learn more at Admitting & Online Registration.