Helping You Manage Diabetes
At Dignity Health Sequoia Hospital, we provide support for patients with type 1 or type 2 diabetes, as well as gestational diabetes and pre-diabetes. At our Diabetes Center, the nurses and dietitians, who are all certified diabetes educators, work with you and your doctor to give you the tools you need to lead a healthy life.
Sweet Success Pregnancy Program
If you have gestational diabetes or diabetes and are pregnant, our Sweet Success program helps you manage your diabetes throughout pregnancy. Our program includes:
- Blood glucose monitoring
- Exercise guidance
- Individual follow up sessions throughout pregnancy
- Individualized meal plan
- Nutrition goals
- Preconception planning for type 1 and type 2 diabetes
We look forward to giving you the information and support you need to have the best possible outcomes for you and your baby.
We also offer a variety of other programs and individual appointments:
- Blood Glucose Meter Instruction
- Comprehensive Self-Management Course
- Insulin Pump Initiation
- Intensive Insulin Treatment
- Introduction to Diabetes Self-Management
- Meal Planning Workshop
- Pre-Diabetes Courses (Individual and Group Courses)
- Weight Loss Program
Please note that you must have a doctor referral to access our services. With a referral, most insurances cover the majority of our services, but please verify with your insurance plan.
We offer support group sessions for adults with diabetes. These sessions provide a place for people with diabetes and their loved ones to gather and discuss how to manage a condition that can be demanding and challenging. Guest speakers may be featured at some meetings. For meeting information, please call 650.367.5213.
Preparing For Your Initial Appointment
- Please arrive 10 minutes early for the registration process.
- Please park in the Outpatient Parking area at the top of Sequoia Way. The Diabetes Center is accessible through the Outpatient Lobby Entrances.
- Remember to bring your insurance card to your appointment.
Learn More About The Diabetes Center
To learn more about our services and how we can help, call us at 650.367.5213. To find a doctor who specializes in diabetes treatments, visit our Find a Doctor tool.