- Assist investigators in managing and coordinating laboratory-based research and patient-based clinical studies.
- Orchestrate programs designed to ensure the integrity and ethical conduct of research.
- Interface with the legal team to ensure that all research programs are fully compliant with regulatory mandates.
- Partner with others in the hospital to manage human, physical and financial resources.
- Promote development of intellectual property.
- Facilitate philanthropic and public relations efforts.
- Oversee academic efforts in biomedical education at secondary, undergraduate, graduate and post-graduate levels.
- Help to build relationships between St. Joseph’s and those it serves.
The research administration team has expertise in contracts and agreements central to the development and maintenance of productive and mutually beneficial collaborative partnerships, including national and international collaborations.
Research at St. Joseph's focuses on transforming fundamental advances and discoveries into improvements in healthcare. By providing a strong infrastructure for such activities, research administration staff also contribute to enhancing the healing benefit of research discoveries.
Research Administration Team
Vice President of Research
Ronald J. Lukas, PhD
Director, Research Administration
Sheri Sanders, RN
Manager of Clinical Research Operations
Pam Dewey, RN, MS
Manager of Research Operations
Manager of Grants Operations
Sherri Howland, MA
Manager of Grants Accounting