Leader In Emergency & Trauma Care
The Emergency Department features:
- Six trauma bays with cutting-edge technology, including overhead X-ray machines and equipment booms.
- 72 emergency bays. All the rooms in the ED are equipped for patients of any acuity, both adult and pediatric.
- A family consultation room.
- A family viewing room.
- A special area for computed tomography and radiology. This area contains two new 64-slice CT scanners. These will facilitate quicker and clearer images of patients.
- An ambulance entrance, walk-in entrance and waiting area.
- A heliport, which is located on top of the Barrow Neuroscience Tower.
In Fiscal Year 2012, St. Joseph's had 83,517 Emergency Department visits.