Our Accreditations and Accolades
- Gold Seal of Approval Accreditation from the Joint Commission for commitment to compliance with national standards for health care quality and safety.
- Six consecutive A ratings for Hospital Safety by The Leapfrog Group, an employer-based coalition advocating for improved transparency, quality and safety in hospitals; numerous Healthgrades awards, and accreditation by national ratings and state certification agencies.
- Patient Safety Excellence 2012-2016
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Stroke for 14 consecutive years (2003 – 2016)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Sepsis for 11 consecutive years (2006 – 2016)
- Five-Star Recipient for Heart Attack Treatment for 5 consecutive years (2012 – 2016)
- Five-Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment for 5 consecutive years (2012 – 2016)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease for 3 consecutive years (2014 – 2016)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Respiratory Failure for 3 consecutive years (2014 – 2016)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Pneumonia and Pulmonary Care Excellence 2015
- Stroke Care Excellence 2010-2012, 2014
- Ranked among the top 5% in the nation for Patient Safety
- Ranked among the top 10% in the nation for treatment of Stroke
- Blue Distinction® Center for Cardiac Care designation
- CIGNA Bariatric Center of Excellence
- A Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP)
- Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence designation by the American Society for Bariatric Surgery. The Center for Surgical Treatment of Obesity at St. Mary Medical Center is a certified Center of Excellence (COE) which indicates that our program and bariatric team have met stringent requirements regarding expertise, patient safety and other qualifications.
- Emergency Department Approved for emergency pediatric care by Los Angeles County
- Baby-Friendly USA Designation
- Patient-centered care
Hospitals are required to collect and submit various quality and patient safety related data to regulatory, State and Federal entities. These data are published nationally and statewide, allowing patients, doctors, consumers and payors to compare St. Mary with other facilities. The following websites are the most commonly used:
Joint Commission Quality Check
US Department of Health and Human Services
Hospital Compare was created through the efforts of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), the Department of Health and Human Services, and other members of the Hospital Quality Alliance: Improving Care Through Information (HQA). The information on this website comes from hospitals that have agreed to submit quality information for Hospital Compare to make public.
The website link above allows patients and payors to find information on how well hospitals care for patients with certain medical conditions or surgical procedures, and results from a survey of patients about the quality of care they received during a recent hospital stay. This information will help you compare the quality of care hospitals provide.