St. Mary’s Acute Rehabilitation Center is a 23-bed inpatient rehabilitation facility located at St. Mary’s Medical Center, just one mile from UCSF Medical Center and across the street from Golden Gate Park. Our mission is to provide a personalized rehabilitation program that treats each patient individually, based upon their condition and needs.
St. Mary’s has been accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF), which means we meet national and international standards of quality patient care. Our accreditation applies to both our inpatient rehabilitation program and our stroke specialty program. To receive this prestigious accreditation, St. Mary’s was required to undergo a rigorous peer review process, demonstrating to a team of surveyors during an on-site visit that our programs and services are measurable, accountable and of the highest quality.
Conditions We Treat
St. Mary’s Acute Rehabilitation Center specializes in tailoring care for patients with complex medical rehabilitation needs, including those with:
- Traumatic and non-traumatic brain injury
- Traumatic and non-traumatic spinal cord injury
- Neuromuscular diseases like Parkinson’s, Multiple Sclerosis and Guillan-Barré Syndrome
- Complex medical rehabilitation needs, such as after bone marrow or organ transplantation
- Bilateral joint replacement
- Complex orthopedic injuries
We also provide services for those who:
- Have experienced a recent, significant change in physical and/or cognitive function
- Have complex medical needs requiring 24/7 medical and nursing care
- Will benefit from intensive skilled therapies, including those with critical illness myopathy, hip fracture and multiple trauma
St. Mary’s Acute Rehabilitation Center has provided excellent rehabilitation services for more than 30 years. Our team of medical experts and rehabilitation professionals has a record of outstanding outcomes, leading to satisfied patients and families. Learn More
What to Expect
Rehabilitation is a dynamic process that requires active engagement throughout the day. The goal of rehabilitation is to maximize your independence. To that end, you will learn new skills to practice and build upon during your stay at St. Mary’s. Learn More
Why Choose Us?
We emphasize an individualized, collaborative approach to rehabilitation and strongly believe this is the way for you to achieve the best possible outcomes. Learn More
Your Care Team
After arrival to St. Mary’s Acute Rehabilitation Center, you will be assigned to a team of rehabilitation professionals with the select skills to meet your individual needs. Learn More
Learn More About Us
To learn more about the St. Mary’s Acute Rehabilitation Center, please call us at (415) 750-5932
Details & Directions: St. Mary's Medical Center Acute Rehabilitation Center