Happy Birth Day
Bringing a baby into the world is a special time. Dignity Health is here
to ensure your baby's birth day is happy and healthy.
Family Birth Center
Giving birth is likely one of the most exciting events in your life. Mercy’s Family Birth Center wants you and your family to experience a healthy and happy beginning for a lifetime of memories.
Mercy's Family Birth Center Features
The Family Birth Center’s spacious, private rooms support your needs through every stage of birth, from labor and delivery to recovery and postpartum. Soothing decor and a relaxing atmosphere are complemented by the latest technology, including the award- winning Panda Warmer, which allows newborns to remain comfortably at their mothers bedside while it monitors the baby’s vitals, including breathing, body temperature, and weight.
The family-friendly amenities in each room include a comfortable glider rocker, private bathroom and shower, plus a sofa for lounging or sleeping visitors.
You and your baby will remain together as much as possible in your postpartum room after your recovery, as long as both of you are doing well. This promotes better bonding. Through the guidance of our skilled nurses and lactation/breastfeeding consultants or counselors, you will learn to properly feed and care for your baby. The entire Family Birth Center nursing staff has been specially trained to assist mom with breastfeeding. If both mother and baby are healthy after a natural delivery, you can expect to take your baby home one to two days after birth.
Mercy Medical Center Stork Tour
Valley Children's Hospital NICU
Located on the same floor is a Level II nursery run by Valley Children’s Hospital. This Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) provides the opportunity for some families with premature babies to receive treatment closer to home. The specialized staff is dedicated to taking care of babies who require advanced medical care.
- Boot Camp for New Dads
- Boot Camp for New Moms
- Breastfeeding Class
- Lactation/breastfeeding support while at the Birth Center and resources for when you go home
- Childbirth Preparation Class
- Childbirth Preparation Class for Cesarean Births
- Stork Tours
- Free WiFi in the Family Birth Center and throughout the hospital
- Labor tub available upon request
- On site WIC (Women, Infants, and Children) representative
- Our Family Birth Center is a locked secure unit—matching armbands will be placed on you, your baby and your support person. Your baby will also wear an alarm-activated umbilical monitor
- Surgical suites dedicated for cesarean births (C-Sections) in the Family Birth Center
For more information on our maternity services call our Family Birth Center at 209.564.5200.
Fill out the pre-registration form to schedule an appointment.