Awards & Recognitions
Central Coast Children's Center
End of Life Option Act
Mission, Vision and Values
Physicians and Residents
Sponsorship Request Application
Marian's history began in 1940 when, in response to a call for health care services in the community of Santa Maria, the Sisters of St. Francis founded Our Lady of Perpetual Help Hospital. With an unwavering mission to further the healing ministry of Jesus, the Sisters guided the hospital. In 1967, the new Marian Hospital at 1400 East Church Street was completed and dedicated. Through the coming years, many additional services, including a Heart Center, were added. In 1982, the hospital became known as Marian Medical Center and in 1997 joined Catholic Healthcare West (CHW), now known as Dignity Health.
By 1987, Marian Hospital was offering an array of specialty services and changed name of Marian Hospital to Marian Medical Center. Marian also opened Marian Extended Care Center, Marian Children’s Center, Marian Home Care Services and Marian Hospice.
In 2012, we officially became part of Dignity Health and Marian becomes Marian Regional Medical Center.