We can't change the world by ourselves. Partnering with others who share our mission and values is necessary to bring about real and lasting improvements. Dignity Health's Community Grants Program is one way we are working collaboratively to improve the health and well-being of vulnerable and underserved populations in the communities we serve. The Community Grants Program has awarded $75 million to nearly 3,500 health improvement projects since 1991.
The Community Grants Program’s funding criteria help to ensure that its charitable resources address significant health needs in ways that demonstrate accountability for impact. Grant applicants should ensure that their proposed projects:
- Address one or more prioritized significant needs in the local hospital’s Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA) and Implementation Strategy
- Serve identified vulnerable or underserved populations, to help address health disparities
- Include three or more collaborating organizations (an “Accountable Care Community”) with distinct, complementary and substantive roles
- Work in some capacity with the local Dignity Health hospital
- dentify, evaluate and report on specific and measurable outcome goals
Eligibility and Parameters
- Lead applicant must be a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization
- Grant awards are from $20,000 to $100,000, unless otherwise noted on a hospital’s grant fact sheet. Individual hospitals may reduce the $100,000 limit at their discretion.
- Grant project performance period is January - December 2020
- Projects can serve specific community and/or patient populations
- Mid-year and final written reports are required
Apply for a Grant
The 2020 grant application period opens on May 9, 2019. Please download the Hospital Grant Fact Sheet for the Dignity Health hospital in your service area. Read the Fact Sheet carefully for grant program details and dates, and contact the listed Grant Representative to inquire about specific funding priorities and to request a Letter of Intent (LOI) template.
Contact [email protected] for more information