We can't change the world by ourselves. Partnering with others who share our mission and values is necessary to bring about real and lasting improvements. Dignity Health's Community Grants Program is one way we are working collaboratively to improve the health and well-being of vulnerable and underserved populations in the communities we serve. The Community Grants Program has awarded nearly $86 million to over 3,700 health improvement projects since 1991
The Community Grants Program’s funding criteria help to ensure that its charitable resources address significant health needs in ways that demonstrate accountability for impact. Grant applicants should ensure that their proposed projects:
- Address one or more prioritized significant needs in the local hospital’s Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA) and Implementation Strategy
- Proposals addressing needs exacerbated or created by the coronavirus pandemic (including physical or mental health, and health-related social, economic and human needs) will be considered, in addition to those addressing needs in a hospital's CHNA
- Serve identified vulnerable or underserved populations, to help address health disparities
- Include three or more collaborating organizations (an “Accountable Care Community”) with distinct, complementary and substantive roles
- Work in some capacity with the local Dignity Health hospital
- Identify, evaluate and report on specific and measurable outcome goals
Eligibility and Parameters
- Lead applicant must be a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization
- Grant awards are from $20,000 to $100,000, unless otherwise noted on a hospital’s grant fact sheet. Individual hospitals may reduce the $100,000 limit at their discretion.
- Projects can serve specific community and/or patient populations
- Mid-year and final written reports are required
Applying for a Grant
The Community Grant application period is now open. Grants are awarded by local hospitals. To learn more about the program and to view the 2022 application schedule, select a Dignity Health hospital below to download its grant program fact sheet. The fact sheet includes the Community Grant Contact for questions specific to that hospital.
Contact [email protected] for more information