We can't change the world by ourselves. Partnering with others who share our mission and values is necessary to bring about real and lasting improvements. Dignity Health's Community Grants Program is one way we are working collaboratively to improve the health and well-being of vulnerable and underserved populations in the communities we serve. The Community Grants Program has awarded $80 million to nearly 3,600 health improvement projects since 1991.
The Community Grants Program’s funding criteria help to ensure that its charitable resources address significant health needs in ways that demonstrate accountability for impact. Grant applicants should ensure that their proposed projects:
- Address one or more prioritized significant needs in the local hospital’s Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA) and Implementation Strategy
- Proposals addressing needs exacerbated or created by the coronavirus pandemic (including physical or mental health, and health-related social, economic and human needs) are encouraged and accepted, in addition to those addressing needs in a hospital's CHNA
- Serve identified vulnerable or underserved populations, to help address health disparities
- Include three or more collaborating organizations (an “Accountable Care Community”) with distinct, complementary and substantive roles
- Work in some capacity with the local Dignity Health hospital
- Identify, evaluate and report on specific and measurable outcome goals
Eligibility and Parameters
- Lead applicant must be a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization
- Grant awards are from $20,000 to $100,000, unless otherwise noted on a hospital’s grant fact sheet. Individual hospitals may reduce the $100,000 limit at their discretion.
- Projects can serve specific community and/or patient populations
- Mid-year and final written reports are required
Apply for a Grant
The grant application period is now open. Grants are awarded by local hospitals. Select a Dignity Health hospital below based on the geographic area you propose to serve, download that hospital’s Community Grants Fact Sheet, and follow its instructions and timeline.
Contact [email protected] for more information