Supporting Low-Income Communities Abroad
The Dignity Health Global Mission Grant Program enables us to follow in the footsteps of our sponsors and continue to further our healing ministry by supporting our sponsoring congregations' existing international ministries.
Criteria for evaluation of award proposals center on projects that:
- Promote the health and status of women and children
- Contribute to clean water, food and sustainable agriculture
- Prevent human trafficking, and offer care and rehabilitation for its victims
- Expand education and communication within rural communities
- Promote health care and education on the prevention of the spread of HIV, as well as offer care for victims of AIDS
In 2015-16, Dignity Health awarded grants to the following projects:
- Provided a registered nurse to reside at the St. Bakhita Girls Primary School in South Sudan, to care for the medical needs and health education of 700 school children.
- Increased a sustainable supply of fresh water by providing for storage tanks to filter rainwater in a village in Tanzania.
- Support for victims of human trafficking in Romania, and trauma healing and transformation education to victims of poverty, war and disaster in Central America, Southeast Asia and the Middle East.
- Shipments of customized medical supplies to Haiti and the Dominican Republic.
For more information about the program and how to apply for a grant, visit the Global Mission Program website.