Cardiovascular Diseases and Cardiovascular Surgery
Dignity Health facilities offer world class interventional and surgical services with outstanding clinical outcomes.
Our network of hospitals provides access to cutting edge treatment, research devices, and interventions not collectively found in one program.
Comprehensive services include:
- Emergency Services - 24-hour on-site emergency care. Many hospitals have received designations as STEMI Centers for heart attacks.
- Diagnostic Services - Includes 128-slice CT scanners equipped with complete cardiac applications, plus echocardiograms, stress and treadmills tests. 256-slice CT scanners are available in some centers.
- Catheterization Labs - State-of-the-art technology to perform the latest cardiac and peripheral vascular diagnostic and interventional procedures, as well as electrophysiology studies for heart rhythm disorders, treatment of atrial fibrillations, and implantation of pacemakers and AICDs.
- Cardiothoracic Surgery - Fully-equipped surgical suites for open heart, thoracic and complex valve surgeries.
- Hybrid Bi-Plane OR Suites - Combines imaging capabilities, minimally invasive cardiovascular interventional procedures and surgery all in one place. The Hybrid OR Suite allows cardiologists, cardiac surgeons, interventional radiologists, vascular surgeons and neurointerventional surgeons to collaborate on complex procedures. The multidisciplinary collaboration between physicians is unique and provides patients with a thorough evaluation of treatment options – including surgical, interventional, and minimally invasive.
- Inpatient Care - Definitive observation and cardiac telemetry units, state-of-the-art coronary care units, and cardiovascular surgery intensive care units.
- Outpatient Cardiac Rehabilitation - Full-service, monitored exercise facilities. Some facilities offer combinations of cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation, or cardiac rehabilitation and physical therapy.
- Disease Management Clinics: Disease management and lifestyle support for patients.
Procedures performed in Dignity Health Cardiovascular Centers of Excellence:
- Coronary artery bypass surgery
- Cardiac valve replacements and repairs
- Transcatheter Aortic and Mitral Valve Replacements (TAVR and TMVR)
- Aortic disease evaluations and procedures (thoracic aortic aneurysm, abdominal aortic aneurysm, ascending aortic aneurysms)
- DaVinci robotic minimally invasive valve replacement, repairs and ablations
- Cardiac ablation for atrial fibrillation, ventricular tachycardia, and other supraventricular arrhythmias
- Pacemaker and defibrillator implants for irregular and/or life-threatening heart rhythms
- Carotid artery stenosis treatments with stents or surgery
- Advanced heart disease evaluations, diagnosis, treatment planning, and interventions
Dignity Health facilities offer patients access to research devices, implants, and technologies including those not widely available in all centers (e.g. TAVR research valves, surgical valves, defibrillation/ pacemaker devices).
Visit some of our hospital websites to learn more about cardiovascular programs unique to Dignity Health:
- Mercy General Hospital Alex G. Spanos Heart & Vascular Center
- Northridge Hospital Medical Center
- St. Bernardine Medical Center Inland Empire Heart and Vascular Institute
- French Hospital Medical Center Copeland, Forbes, and Rossi Cardiac Care Center
- Sequoia Hospital Heart and Vascular Institute
- St. Joseph’s Medical Center Heart and Vascular Institute
- St. Rose Dominican Hospitals Heart and Vascular Institute