The da Vinci XI robot provides improved visualization and maneuverability which allows your surgeon to examine the surgical site more closely. Our robot is comprised of 3D high-definition robotic guided instruments. Your surgeon guides these instruments through small incisions and is able to bend them in all directions, precisely mimicking hand movements, facilitating a minimally-invasive approach even in difficult circumstances, such as within the confines of the pelvis. This high-tech capability allows access to tight, hard-to-reach areas of the body that would otherwise require a larger incision in order to get to.
Why choose Dignity Health for robotic surgery?
Dignity Health offers comprehensive robotic surgery that delivers a host of potential many benefits, including:
- documented excellent clinical outcomes for cancer control
- less risk of damaging nerves that control urinary and sexual function
- quicker return to bowel function
- shorter hospital stay
- faster recovery
- less blood loss, pain, and scarring
- less risk of infection and post-operative complications