Know Your Risk
There are many factors that affect how well your heart functions, including lifestyle habits, age, and family history. Take our free Heart Health Risk Assessment to find out where you stand.
Cardiac Care in Santa Cruz
The Dominican Hospital heart and vascular program in Santa Cruz offers the most comprehensive, nationally recognized heart program in the Monterey Bay area. We deliver a wide range of advanced cardiac care treatments, minimally invasive surgery, as well as diagnostic technology, and lifestyle management programs.
Understand Your Risk And Protect Your Heart
Your heart has done so much for you and those you love. Isn’t it time you return the favor? Learn more about your risk for heart disease. Millions of people have at least one risk factor, yet many aren’t aware and don’t take steps to reduce their chances of developing heart disease.
Take our heart health assessment and find out if you are at risk for heart disease and what you can do to prevent it. It’s free and only takes a few minutes.
Dominican Hospital is one of the select providers in the nation, and the only hospital in the Monterey Bay area, to offer patients a minimally invasive procedure for heart valve replacement. Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR) allows for valve replacement without opening a patient’s chest. Learn More
Comprehensive Cardiac Care
At Dominican Hospital, our doctors, cardiac specialists, and medical staff provide a complete range of cardiac services to help keep your heart beating strong.
- Certified cardiac rehabilitation program
- Dare to C.A.R.E.
- Emergency diagnostic and interventional heart procedures available 24/7
- Cardiac surgical services including minimally invasive procedures and peripherally inserted heart valves (TAVR)
- Pacemaker and defibrillator implants
- Patient navigator to assist with cardiac care planning
- Peripheral procedures including aortic and peripheral stenting and repair
- Rhythm control management
There are a variety of surgical procedures available at Dominican Hospital. Learn More
Helping you live a healthy life is just one of our goals at Dominican Hospital. If you’ve suffered a heart attack or other heart ailments, or are recovering from a cardiac procedure, our cardiac rehabilitation program can help you achieve a more active lifestyle. Learn More
Nationally Recognized for Cardiac Care
- 2019, 2018, 2017 GWTG–Heart Failure Gold Plus/Target Heart Failure Award
American Heart Association
- 2019, 2018, 2017 GWTG–Stroke Gold Plus with Honor Award
American Heart Association and American Stroke Association
- 2020 Healthgrades Coronary Intervention Excellence Award™
The Coronary Intervention Excellence Award recognizes hospitals for superior outcomes in coronary intervention procedures.
- 2019 Safety ‘A’ Grade from
The Leapfrog Group In recognition of Dominican Hospital’s achievements protecting patients from harm and providing safer health care.
Learn More About Our Cardiac Care
Details & Directions: Dominican Hospital Cardiology Department