Visitors can be good medicine for patients, and family members are welcome to visit. But keep in mind, caring for our patients is our primary concern. So to make sure that we are delivering quality care around the clock, we’ve put in place specific visiting hours and regulations for each unit. Please follow these guidelines, and together we can be all be good medicine for patients.
Visiting A Patient
- Our visiting hours are designed to offer flexibility for visitors while enabling patients to obtain their needed rest and the expert medical and nursing care necessary for recovery. Because the care of our patients is our primary concern, we ask that your visitors respect the rights and concerns of all patients by observing hospital rules, especially quiet time. We recognize that rest is an important part of healing.
- Please discuss any special needs you may have regarding visiting hours with the nurse manager on the patient's unit.
- Young children visiting a loved one in the hospital may be scared or anxious by what they see. Please keep them in the patient's room and always accompanied by an adult.
- A social worker or case manager is available to you. They can address any special needs our patients or their family may have with discharge planning or community resources. IF you’d like to speak with a social worker, please ask the floor nurse.
- To protect our patient's privacy and safety, visitors may be asked to leave the room temporarily during special procedures, emergency situations, or physician visits.
- For the safety of our patients, we ask that you turn your cell phone off before entering a nursing unit.
Visiting The Laboratory
||St. Mary’s Medical Center Laboratory
450 Stanyan Street, Level A
San Francisco, CA 94117
Weekdays: 7 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Saturday: 8 a.m. - 2 p.m.
The cafeteria is located on Level B and is open daily from 6:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. for breakfast and lunch. Visitors are welcome to eat in the cafeteria at any time it is open. Vending machines for snacks and beverages are also located in the cafeteria, and are accessible 24 hours a day. The cafeteria is closed on weekends and holidays.
The Gift Shop is located on the lobby level of the hospital, adjacent to the main entrance. The shop features gift items such as flowers, magazines, greeting cards, stuffed animals, toys and toiletries.
St. Mary’s Gift Shop hours are:
- Monday: 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Tuesday: 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Wednesday: 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Thursday: 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Friday: 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: 12 p.m. – 4 p.m.
St. Mary's Medical Center is a tobacco-free campus.