Aging causes the skin to lose elasticity, often causing the eyes to look tired, puffy or wrinkled. At Dignity Health Medical Group - Dominican Plastic Surgery in Santa Cruz, eyelid surgery can address these issues by tightening the skin around the eyes and removing fatty tissue. This can improve or eliminate loose or sagging skin, folds in the eyelids, bags under the eyes, droopiness, wrinkles and puffiness.
Eyelid surgery, medically referred to as a blepharoplasty, will rejuvenate your eyes, giving your whole face a more youthful and rested look. If you have one or more of the following problems, eyelid surgery may be the right answer for you:
- Loose or sagging skin that creates folds or hides the natural contour of the upper eyelids
- Excess skin that hangs down from the upper eyelids, sometimes impairing your vision
- Excess fatty deposits that appear as puffiness in the eyelids
- Bags under the eyes
- Droopy lower eyelids that allow white to show below the iris
- Excess skin and fine wrinkles of the lower eyelids
During your blepharoplasty, Santa Cruz's Dominican Medical Group Plastic Surgery team will make incisions along the creases of the upper eyelids or just below the lower lash line depending on which eyelid surgery you elect. Your surgeon will then remove the excess fat, tissue and skin required to achieve a more refreshed and rejuvenated look.
If you’re considering eyelid surgery, Santa Cruz's Dominican Medical Group Plastic Surgery can help. Call (831) 464-8880 to schedule an eyelid surgery consultation.