Call us for an appointment at (209) 946-6800.
For quality colon cancer care, colonoscopies, colon surgery or other colorectal needs, look to Dignity Health Medical Group - Stockton.
A number of health problems can affect the colon and rectum. These issues can have serious effects on patients’ quality of life, often rendering them unable to sit, walk or go about daily activities without pain. Our physicians can help improve quality of life by diagnosing and treating your colorectal issues. Common colon and rectal problems include:
- Diverticulitis, a painful swelling of the intestinal wall
- Colon cancer, cancer affecting the large or small intestines
- Hemorrhoids, swollen veins in the rectum or anus
- Crohn’s disease, an inflammatory bowel disease affecting the intestines
- Rectal cancer, cancer affecting the rectum or anus
- Ulcerative colitis, an inflammatory bowel diseases that causes abdominal pain and cramping
- Fistula, an abnormal connection between intestines
- Abscess, a painful collection of pus
- Pilonidal disease, an infection of the skin that may include cysts
- Anal fissure, a tear in the lining of the anus
If you’re having colorectal issues, start with a diagnostic colonscopy. This procedure allows our doctors to see your problems areas first-hand, so they can devise the quickest and easiest route to your recovery.
During your colonoscopy, we will perform an internal examination of the colon and rectum with a small camera attached to flexible tubing. Upon completing the colonoscopy, your doctor will be able to diagnose your colorectal problem and devise a treatment plan. Colon surgery is often used to treat a number of common colon and rectal issues.
If you think you need to see a colorectal specialist, contact your primary care physician for a referral. We proudly serve the Modesto, Stockton, Turlock, Tracy, Sonora and Lodi areas.