To learn more about our program and how we can help, please call us at (805) 332-8446.
The benefits of weight loss are measured in more ways than just waist size. A healthy weight also improves overall health and quality of life.
If you’re overweight, you increase your risk for many health conditions. Getting down to a healthy weight can stave off those dangerous health conditions and put you back where you belong.
It’s never too late to make a healthy change — just think how you could be living. If being overweight ever becomes a part of your life that you can’t seem to conquer, we can help you make a change.
If you’d like to know more, attend an informational seminar or call (805) 332-8446.
Facts About Obesity
- Life-threatening obesity is defined as 100 pounds above ideal body weight or a BMI (body mass index) greater than 40
- Patients with life-threatening obesity die an average of 12-15 years earlier than people of normal weight
Patients with life-threatening obesity suffer from multiple medical conditions that affect nearly every organ system in their body, including:
- Type II diabetes
- High blood pressure
- Elevated cholesterol
- Cardiac disease
Facts About Bariatric or Weight Loss Surgery
- Bariatric surgery is the cure for life-threatening obesity
- Bariatric surgery is not cosmetic surgery
- Diet and exercise alone have shown long-term effectiveness in only 5 percent of patients. Bariatric surgery provides long-lasting weight loss
- Successful weight loss from bariatric surgery can eliminate other medical conditions
- The risks of bariatric surgery are far less than the risk of living with life-threatening obesity
To learn more about our program and how we can help, please call (805) 332-8446.