Our program is designed to be a total package—you’ll have access to a nurse coordinator, a registered dietitian, pharmacy, our rehabilitation and wellness center, and a variety of medical specialists through our program. We bring it all together for a seamless patient experience.
We are here to help you develop the tools to begin your new life—a life of improved health, activity and longevity.
Our program offers all of the key components that contribute to weight loss success:
- Free seminars and patient education
- Extensive physical and psychological assessments and support
- Post-operative visits, calls, lab tests, and monitoring
- Nutritional and lifestyle modification counseling
- Personal assistance with navigating insurance coverage
- Bilingual assistance (English/Spanish)
We believe that involving the families of our patients is also a critical factor in achieving long term weight loss. We encourage their participation in the educational portions of our program so they can support their loved one on this journey.
It’s important to know you are in the most qualified, skilled hands when considering any type of major surgery.
Our center is accredited by the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP), a joint program of the American College of Surgeons (ACS) and the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS).
MBSAQIP accreditation means:
- You will receive compassionate care by physicians who meet bariatric surgery criteria set by both The American College of Surgeons and the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
- The center has an established and verified commitment to patient safety
- The center is held to the highest bariatric surgical standards and have quality improvement initiatives in place
- The center participates in regular evaluations of surgical programs, ensuring we are meeting safety requirements, consistently improving processes, applying multidisciplinary approaches, and implementing standards of care defined by MBSAQIP
St. John's Regional Medical Center is a Comprehensive Center with Adolescent Accreditation under the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP). We can perform all approved bariatric procedure types on patients of all ages.
St. John's Regional Medical Center has also been designated as a BlueDistinction Center by Blue Shield of California.
To learn more about our program and how we can help, please call (805) 981-7305.