Are you experiencing chest pain? Your heart could be running low on freshly oxygenated blood, causing angina pain. Angina is generally due to a cardiovascular condition such as coronary artery disease.
At Dignity Health Central Coast, our heart care specialists can help relieve your chest pain by offering treatment for angina with humankindness. Find a Doctor today to discuss your angina treatment on the Central Coast of California.
Quality Angina Treatment at Dignity Health Central Coast
There are many different levels of angina chest pain. If you have angina, you may need one of the following angina treatments:
- Nitroglycerine or a similar medication to make your blood vessels relax
- High blood pressure or high cholesterol medication
- Plan to stop smoking (smoking cessation)
- Heart-healthy diet or other lifestyle changes
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Cardiac treatment to unblock coronary arteries
Your Dignity Health Central Coast cardiologist will review your angina treatment options and manage your chest pain based on your overall health, pain level and severity of your heart disease.
Wondering How to Treat Chest Pain? Start by Preventing Angina
Angina results from an underlying cardiovascular condition. If you start treating your body and health well now, you can ultimately avoid the need for angina treatment. Angina prevention starts by following these tips:
- Don’t smoke.
- Treat any heart condition or hypertension.
- Control your blood sugar.
- Be aware of triggers, such as overeating.
- Learn to cope with stress.
- Maintain an ideal weight (ask your doctor if you aren’t sure what’s right for you).
A cardiologist at Dignity Health Central Coast can help you understand the reason behind your angina and create a personalized treatment plan for angina treatment and prevention. Take our HeartAware Assessment to learn your risks.
Dignity Health provides trusted treatment for angina throughout the Central Coast of California.