All of Dignity Health Medical Group’s infectious disease physicians are fellowship trained and either boardcertified or working towards their board certification. When you choose a physician who is certified, you can be confident he or she meets nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge, experience and skills to provide high quality care in a specific medical specialty, above and beyond basic medical licensure.
When you choose our team for your care, you will be treated by highly experienced infectious disease experts. Our specialists diagnose and treat both broad infections, such as bacterial, viral, fungal or parasitic infections, as well as specific infections such as HIV/AIDS.
Conditions we treat:
- Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS)
- Bone/joint infections
- Chronic lung or pulmonary infections
- Fungal infections (excluding mold exposure)
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)
- Immunodeficiency diseases
- Infections in transplant and immunocompromised patients
- Infections of prosthetic devices (artificial devices, pacemakers, etc.)
- Mycobacterial infections
- Persistent fever of unknown cause in an immunocompromised patient
- Sexually transmitted diseases (gonorrhea, syphilis)