Call us: 855.522.6457
If you are experiencing pain, heavy menstruation, frequent urination, and bloating, you may have a noncancerous fibroid tumor on the wall of your uterus. At Dignity Health, your fibroid removal surgery will be performed by our gynecologists who care for your physical, mental, and spiritual needs.
Reasons for Fibroid Removal at Dignity Health
Having your fibroid removal surgery at Dignity Health can improve your quality of life. Our specialists may recommend fibroid removal for you if you are experiencing symptoms such as infertility, heavy menstruation, and bleeding between menstruation cycles.
Symptoms due to fibroids can be very painful and troublesome. Your gynecologist can help you regain a pain-free life with fibroid removal.
Experiencing Fibroid Removal at Dignity Health
Our doctors want you to fully understand what fibroid removal means for you. Before surgery, you and your doctor will have a discussion about the procedure. Your doctor will carefully explain what the critical considerations are for fibroid removal. Your age, health, number of fibroids, and whether you want to have children in the future are all important considerations that will be discussed.
Your doctor will work with you to create a personalized treatment plan that may include:
- endometrial ablation – the use of electricity, extreme cold, lasers, or microwave energy to remove the lining of your uterus
- hysterectomy – a surgical procedure that completely removes your uterus
- MRI-guided ultrasound surgery – the use of sound waves to eradicate the fibroid tumors
- myolysis – the use of a camera or ultrasound to guide a needle into your fibroids to deliver an electrical current or extreme cold
- myomectomy – the surgical removal of your fibroids
- uterine fibroid embolization – shrinking your fibroid by cutting off its blood supply
You may need a few weeks to recover from your fibroid tumor removal at Dignity Health. If your doctor recommends a hysterectomy, you may need three to six weeks to recover from this permanent solution. After your fibroid removal surgery and throughout your recovery, your doctor will closely monitor your health and overall well-being.