Call us: 855.522.6457
If you have experienced pain, heavy menstruation, frequent urination, and bloating, you may have a noncancerous fibroid tumor on the wall of your uterus. Dignity Health fibroid removal surgery is performed by gynecologists who care for your physical, mental, and spiritual needs for exceptional women's health.
Reasons for Fibroid Removal at Dignity Health
There are many reasons to increase your quality of life by considering fibroid removal options. Infertility, increased symptoms, heavy menstruation, and bleeding between menstruation cycles are common reasons your doctor may recommend fibroid removal.
The symptoms you experience can be very painful and troublesome. Your gynecologist can help you regain a pain-free life with fibroid tumor removal.
Experiencing Fibroid Removal at Dignity Health
You and your doctor will discuss many things when evaluating the procedure you will have for fibroid removal in Central Coast. Your age, health, number of fibroids, and whether you want to have children in the future are all important considerations.
Your doctor will work with you to create a personalized treatment plan that may include:
- MRI-guided ultrasound surgery uses sound waves to eradicate the fibroid tumors.
- Myolysis uses a camera or ultrasound to guide a needle into your fibroids to deliver an electrical current or extreme cold.
- Endometrial ablation uses electricity, extreme cold, lasers, or microwave energy to remove the lining of your uterus.
- Myomectomy surgically removes your fibroids.
- Hysterectomy completely removes your uterus.
- Uterine fibroid embolization shrinks your fibroid by cutting off its blood supply.
You may need a few weeks to recover from your fibroid tumor removal at Dignity Health. If your doctor recommends a hysterectomy, you may need three to six weeks to recover from this permanent solution. Your doctor will closely monitor your health and overall well-being after fibroid removal.