Healthy Fish Tacos
Here’s a lighter take on taco night. It features tilapia—a great lean protein—and vegetables high in fiber, vitamins, and minerals. And olive oil is the highest in monounsaturated fats, which are known to protect the body from cardiovascular disease. This recipe and video were produced by Tastemade.
3 cups green cabbage, thinly sliced
1 cup grape tomatoes, diced
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
1 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
1/2 tsp. sea salt, divided
1 lb. tilapia fillets
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
6-8 good quality corn tortillas
- Combine the cabbage, tomatoes, green onions, and cilantro in a large bowl and toss to combine. Add the lime juice and 1/4 tsp. sea salt and toss well to combine. Set aside.
- Combine the chili powder, cumin, and remaining 1/4 tsp. salt in a small bowl. Heat the remaining olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Season the fish with the seasoning.
- Add the seasoned fish to pan and cook 3-4 minutes on each side, or until it flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Remove from heat, and slice into bite-sized pieces.
- Lay a tortilla flat and fill with the fish, followed by the cabbage mixture. Serve hot.