Pharmacy Residency Program
If you are interested in a residency program that will provide experience in a compassionate direct patient care setting, St. Rose Dominican is the place for you!
Our residency program uses the Pharmacy Online Residency Centralized Application Service (PhORCAS), and we participate in the Resident Matching Program of the American Society of Health –system Pharmacists (ASHP). If you would like to join our team, the following items are required:
- A graduate of an Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education accredited program
- Be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Completed application submitted via PhORCAS
- Curriculum vitae
- Letter of intent describing the goals and interests for pursuing a residency program
- Three letters of recommendation (at least one from a preceptor of a clinical rotation)
- Official copy of college of pharmacy transcript
Application deadline (including all required documents) is January 2nd. Selected candidates are required to visit our facility for an onsite interview.
Number of Positions: 2
For additional information, please contact:
Our PGY-1 residency program provides you with experience in various areas of the hospital, including:
- Ambulatory Care
- Antimicrobial Stewardship
- Critical Care
- Emergency Medicine
- Infectious Diseases
- Medication Safety
When you complete the residency program, you will be a proficient independent practitioner capable of providing broad pharmacotherapy knowledge to a multitude of acute care patient populations.
Pharmacists at Dignity Health are viewed as valued members of the health care team. Our pharmacists in the residency program have a diverse set of disciplines.
To participate in our PGY-1 pharmacy residency program, prospective candidates must have a PharmD degree from an accredited school of pharmacy. Residents must be licensed by the Nevada State Board of Pharmacy as an intern at the time of hire, or within 30 days if from out of state, and be licensed by the Nevada State Board of Pharmacy as a Pharmacist by October 1st. Residents are required to schedule the NAPLEX and MPJE exams by July 1st.
Salary and Benefits
Our pharmacy residents are classified as full-time employees of Dignity Health - St. Rose Dominican.
- Estimated stipend: $45,000 (with no state income tax, the take home equivalent is about $47,000)
- Benefits package includes health, vision, dental, and life insurance
- Educational travel allowance and professional leave for meeting attendance
- Free parking
The Teaching Certificate Curriculum is available through Roseman University of Health Sciences, College of Pharmacy. The curriculum is designed to provide pharmacy residents with the knowledge and training necessary to provide education to various health care professionals.
The teaching certificate curriculum is optional. A preceptor will be assigned to the resident, and the preceptor will guide the resident throughout the curriculum. The curriculum is designed so it can be completed during the residency year.
Interested candidates will be required to submit an application. A selection committee will choose candidates from the pool of applications.