Should you decide to proceed and apply to our program please include the following items:
- Personal Statement
- Current CV
- Dean’s letter from US grads/ECFMG from international medical school graduates. Note that approved schools are determined by using the California Medical Board’s List of Recognized Schools.
- Medical school transcripts
- Letters of recommendation from most recent third and fourth-year rotations. A minimum of two letters from each year of clinical rotations. Please include a letter of recommendation from a Family Medicine attending physician who has worked closely with you
- Graduation from an approved medical school determined by using the World Directory of Medical Schools list of recognized schools within the last two years; for AY 2022-2023
- USMLE or COMLEX Transcripts. Maximum one failure in either USMLE Step 1/COMLEX Level 1 or USMLE Step 2-CK/COMLEX Level 2-CE.
- To be considered a competitive applicant to our program, we highly recommend applicants have USMLE Step 1 score greater than 221/COMLEX Level1 score greater than 515 and USMLE Step 2 score greater than 237/COMLEX 2 CE score greater than 521.
In addition, applicant must have passed USMLE Step 2-CS/COMLEX Level 2-PE without failure and, if taken, passed USMLE Step 3 without failure. Due to the suspension of Step 2 CS by the USMLE program we will consider your application without Step 2 scores
- A trainee must be able to obtain a PTL within 180 days after enrollment in residency program.
- Application Deadline: TBD
International Medical Students (IMGs). In addition to the requirements listed above, IMGs must have the following:
An ECFMG Certificate is required before you will be granted an interview. IMGs who have not yet graduated must complete the application with the ECFMG. Interviews may be granted to IMGs without an ECFMG Certificate if they are currently enrolled in medical school and they meet the other application criteria. For further information please contact:
Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates
3624 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-2685
Tel: (215) 386-5900
For more information please contact:
Residency Programs Manager
Family Medicine Residency Program
Dignity Health - St. Rose Dominican