Our vision is to become the medical institution of choice in Central California by delivering quality and compassionate healthcare to everyone in our community regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, immigration status, and/or disability. Our program offers an exceptional training environment that prepares residents to practice quality Internal Medicine and to become recognized leaders in patient care, patient advocacy, and patient-centered quality improvement initiatives.
Our mission is to train residents in every aspect of Internal Medicine. In doing so, we will prepare these physicians to safely and competently provide the highest standard of patient care. We will also prepare our residents with the training necessary to enter a subspecialty fellowship for those who wish to do so.
Goals and Objectives
- Honesty in all academic and professional interactions and settings;
- Integrity and transparency in all decisions with patient and institutional representatives;
- Residents will accept fundamental responsibility for caring for others and remain true to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusiveness;
- Compassion and respect for the dignity of all patients as well as families, co-workers, colleagues, and all other members of our community;
- Demonstrate empathy and respect for patients of various races, ethnicities, religions, gender identities, sexual orientations, socioeconomic statuses, and immigration status.
- Trustworthiness that makes colleagues feel secure when one is responsible for the needs of the patients in our communities and the cohorts of our program.