Doctors who specialize in maternal fetal medicine care for women with high-risk pregnancies. Maternal fetal medicine specialists treat both unborn babies and pregnant women.
Dignity Health - St. Rose Dominican has a staff of obstetricians who specialize in maternal fetal medicine in Las Vegas and Henderson, NV. If a complication occurs after birth, our San Martín Campus has a Level II NICU and our Siena Campus has a Level III NICU, the highest level of care. Register online to tour one of our birth centers or call us at (702) 616-4900.
When Should You Work with a Maternal Fetal Medicine Specialist?
A maternal fetal medicine specialist is a doctor with advanced training in the management and care of high-risk pregnancies. Maternal fetal medicine specialists work closely with nurse midwives and other OB/GYN doctors. They share information and collaborate to make sure that you and your baby get the best possible care.
Maternal fetal medicine specialists treat:
Your health care provider may refer you to a maternal fetal medicine specialist if:
- You have a history of preterm birth or pregnancy loss (miscarriage)
- You are pregnant with more than one baby (multiple gestation)
- You have a chronic medical condition
- Prenatal testing suggests your baby might have a fetal condition or other health concern
Maternal Fetal Medicine Treatment at Dignity Health - St. Rose Dominican
A maternal fetal medicine specialist will ask you questions about your overall health before and during your pregnancy. He or she will review the results of any tests you’ve had related to your pregnancy.
Maternal fetal medicine doctors may also:
- Manage underlying health conditions
- Adjust prescription medication
- Conduct prenatal testing, including amniocentesis, chorionic villus sampling, and level-2 ultrasounds
- Perform or assist in fetal surgeries for life-threatening birth defects while babies are still in the womb
- Help deliver high-risk pregnancies
- Provide postpartum medical care for mothers and their babies
Your care will depend on any medical conditions you may have and you and your baby’s specific needs. The maternal fetal medicine specialist will explain all tests and procedures suggested for you and answer any questions you have related to them. Your maternal fetal medicine specialist may also be able to connect you with other women and families dealing with similar challenges.
Dignity Health - St. Rose Dominican offers a range of maternal fetal medicine services in Las Vegas and Henderson, NV.