Postpartum Care at Dignity Health-St. Rose Dominican
Giving birth can have a huge effect on your body, mind, and life, so it’s helpful to have support and close care for the months afterward. Postpartum care can address your physical, mental, and emotional needs after birth. Our care team provides postpartum care to help women recover from childbirth and have a healthy transition to a post-birth body and lifestyle.
Your postpartum care can assist with:
- Bleeding after birth
- Breast health
- Problems urinating or passing a bowel movement
- Vaginal/C-section healing
- Emotions, mood changes, and symptoms of postpartum depression
At Dignity Health - St. Rose Dominican, you can expect complete, expert postpartum care in Las Vegas and Henderson, NV. From breastfeeding support to gynecological care, we can help promote all of your health needs as a new parent.
What to Expect with Your Postpartum Care in Las Vegas, NV
While you are still in the hospital, our nurses and support staff will make sure you and your baby receive the care and support you need. They will use exams and tests to assess your overall health, including your:
- Give you medication to ease the discomfort of after-birth contractions
- Teach you techniques to relieve nipple soreness and breast engorgement
- Show you how to use warm water and a squirt bottle and ice packs to relieve perineal pain
- Provide stool softeners, if needed
- Teach you strategies to make it easier to use the bathroom
- Talk to you about how your vaginal discharge will change over the coming weeks
- Show you how to support your C-section wound, if you have one, when you move or use the bathroom
- Teach you signs of complications
- Ask how you’re feeling and provide emotional support and resources
After you leave the hospital, a nurse may call you at home to check how you are doing and answer any questions you may have.
You will have a postpartum checkup with your doctor about six weeks after birth. At this appointment, we will check both your physical and emotional well-being to make sure you’re recovering and coping well as a new mother.Dignity Health - St. Rose Dominican provides expert and compassionate postpartum care for patients in Las Vegas and Henderson, NV.