Share Today, Shape Tomorrow
As a Foster Grandparent Program Volunteer, you’re a role model, mentor and friend to children at a local school or youth facility. You help children learn to read, provide one-on-one tutoring, and guide them at a critical time in their lives. You can share today and help shape tomorrow.
Studies show that volunteering benefits not just the children but you as well.
Benefits of FGP
Seniors who meet income eligibility receive:
- Association with a nationally-affiliated organization
- $3 per hour at 15 hours per week minimum. The stipend reimbursement is not taxable and may not be considered income.
- Annual recognition
- Mileage or bus fare reimbursement
- Daily meal at volunteer site
- Supplemental Accident and Liability Insurance Coverage while volunteering
- 40 hours of pre-service orientation and on-going monthly training
- Must be 55 years of age or older
- Enjoy working with children
- Approved health clearance by physician
- FBI, DOJ, and National Sex Offender background check clearances
FGP serves Shasta, Siskiyou, Trinity, Tehama, and Lassen counties.
For more information, please call (530) 226-3098, email victoria.mc[email protected] or fill out the Volunteer Interest Form.